I am reading Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.In the book there is a girl named Annabel Greene who is in high school and she is in the modeling business.
One summer her best friend accused her of stealing her friends boyfriend but really the guy raped her so all that summer she avoided everyone and she lost all her friends. so when she goes back to school she sits alone at lunch she almost talks to one of her friends but that "friend" gives her mean looks and avoids her and she still hasn't told anyone about the rape. her mom isn't the same since her grandmother died and her sisters arnt very close to her so she has basically no one.
what would you do if you were in Annabel situation? and why ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
In Annabel's situation, I know what I'd do--but it's not something I'm going to say here.
ReplyDeleteSo I'll say this instead; The right thing for Annabel to do is to find a support group for people with similar stories as hers. Somewhere she can talk it out and face the harsh reality in safe environment. Somewhere she can feel safe and cared for again. Maybe move away to live with her father's side of her family and switch schools. Plus go to counseling to help her deal with everything.
I wouldn't be in Annabells situation. I would tell someone about the rape even if i didn't want to be involved i'd send some sort of home made rape kit to Law & Order: SVU and hope to god someone will find him guilty. Just saying
ReplyDeletei don't know what i would have done. I would have probably told only some people. But then again it would be good to tell like the authorities. But if i was going to lose my best friend i mite tell her the truth about what happened. then she mite not beleive me but i don't know. It would depend on the person
ReplyDeleteOK WELLLLL she tried to tell her friend what happened but her friend isnt listening
ReplyDelete