I am now reading rainbow high which is a series of three books by alex sanchez... this book is basically to inform people what gay people go through in there life like when one of the boys came out they got beat up and stuff ...right now jason the jock and not out of the closet fully gay is having trouble telling people he is gay he came out to his coach but dosnt know if he should tell his teamates cause he is afraid he could lose his scholarchip for colege and he wants to go to colege...after his dad found out he was gay his dad got really drunk almost hit him but jason hit him and his dad ended up leaving the house for good...another charecther kyle who is dating jason and he is on the swim team is having trouble choosing tech or comunity colege with jason or going to prinston and leaveing jason behind his dad dosnt really care that he is gay he is taking it well better than kyle thaught he would and his mom is happy that he has a good boyfriend....the other main charecter is nelson he was the gay and always had been the gay of the school he gets harrased alot and his parents dont care if he is gay cause they have learned to deal with it his mom just met his new boyfriend and she really likes him but she dosnt know that he is hiv positive and lukily nelson tested negative soo all he has to worry about is telling his mom that his boyfriend is hiv positive which is gonna be hard to tell her.
in my opinion i really think this book is good and it really opens ur eyes for you and shows you how gay people get treated when in reality they are just like everyone else in the world....i think they should be treated right !!!! and yes alex sanchez is gay and he is a great writer i higly recomend this book!!!!! even if you arnt gay cause i know half the class is rood and obnoxious against gays!!!!
if you saw someone getting beat up and you knew he was the gay kid in the school would you help him or wuold you help ruin him and if you were in there situation what would you do to help stand up for rights against gays??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If I saw someone getting beat up and knew he was gay...I wouldn't help him. Not because he's gay, but because I'd be afraid of what the kids beating him up would do to me...I'm a big fraddy cat. But if I thought I could take whoever it was beating up the gay kid, I might help...and what gay rights? It's not like there are two seperate drinking fountains for gays and straights...
ReplyDeletehahah ur soo honest reenie but gay rights as in like mariage and stuff and not getting harrased all the time!!!
ReplyDeleteKids will be kids. And when I say that I mean they will always pick on each other for one reason or another. Be it being gay, different or new to town, there will always be harrassment and conflict. I mean look at politics...when people and ideas come to be different or new--harrassment is as sure a troll in the General Discussion of Gaia.
ReplyDelete((Sorry, I had to do it. Playing Devil's Advocit, that is... ))
i agree with u lol....mr kirker if u see this i thaught it was funn !! haha me and rennie arguing over gay rights
ReplyDelete